Health Sciences CAREER Academy
Health Sciences CAREERS Academy
Discover your career path in health care at one of these eight events this summer:
Lethbridge/Medicine Hat, Alberta – August 7-10, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta – August 13-17, 2018 FULL - Wait List Available
Calgary, Alberta – August 20-22, 2018
Health Academy for Indigenous Youth, Calgary - August 20-22, 2018
Health Academy for Indigenous Youth, Edmonton - August 20-23, 2018
Red Deer, Alberta - August 21-23, 2018 FULL - Wait List Available
Slave Lake, Alberta - August 21-23, 2018
Fort McMurray, Alberta - August 27-29, 2018 FULL - Wait List Available
For students in Grade 10-12 (as of September 2018)
Interested in a career in health care?
Here’s a great opportunity to explore a variety of careers through the Health Sciences CAREERS Academy.
CAREERS: The Next Generation and Alberta Health Services have partnered with local post-secondary institutions to offer an interactive, educational and unique summer camp opportunity for students interested in a health care career.
Intended for students in Grade 10-12 (as of September 2018) participants will:
- Learn about dozens of health care careers and the pathways to get there
- Participate in hands-on activities and interactive demonstrations
- Tour classroom labs and interact with instructors and students
- Go behind the scenes at local health care facilities
- Learn about the variety of programs available at regional post-secondary institutions
- Meet health care professionals and hear stories first hand