Cenovus Energy 4th Class Power Engineering Award - Student
Nominations for 2017 are now open. Winners will be announced May 2017.
If your intern achieves excellence in their work as a power engineer intern, please consider nominating him or her for this award.
Please note: If you would like to nominate a mentor in addition to an intern,you must complete the “The Cenovus Energy Award of Excellence in 4th Class Power Engineering – Mentor Nomination Package”. Nominating both a mentor and an intern is not necessary.
Student Selection Criteria
Student in Power Engineering Selection Criteria
Student has participated in a summer CAREERS 4th Class Power Engineering Internship program in the previous school year.
- Key attributes of an outstanding student include:
- Enthusiasm– acts as an organized, responsible, and energetic team player willing to commit to the tasks and activities related to the internship role.
- Professionalism–demonstrates employability skills that reflected the workenvironment in terms of cooperativeness, initiative, and reliability.
- Active learner– listens attentively to direction, following instructions to and completing tasks assigned by their supervisors, to enhance workplace skills.
- Engaged– incorporates the learning outcomes of the power engineering internship to help define their individual career pathway in power engineering.
- Safety- shows respect for a safe environment, participates in onsite safety meetings and training, serves as a safe role model in work surroundings, complies with safety guidelines, and respects hazard materials/equipment, and has achieved minimum safety training credentials (i.e. First Aide, WHMIS, etc.).
- Employability Skills Demonstration- demonstrates increased awareness and application of the Conference Board of Canada’s employability skills profile of foundational skills, personal management skills, and team skills required to be an effective power engineer in training.
- Received comments that illustrate how the attributes of the power engineering intern impacted and/or benefitted the organization and/or speak to the goals of the CAREERS 4th Class Power Engineering program.
Nominator must obtain the consent of the nominee prior to submission.
To submit an eligible nomination, you must provide all of the following information. You may print or type your answers on a separate document & include this in the nomination package.
Complete the nomination and consent form
- Provide a letter of support written by yourself (the nominator) – Page 5
- Provide one (1) additional letter of support by another individual (Student/Parent, School Administrator, Employer, etc.)
A three-person external selection committee will be appointed by CAREERS to review applications and recommend two (2) intern and two (2) mentor recipients - two Northern Alberta (including Red Deer) and two Southern Alberta.
Questions or Comments
CAREERS: The Next Generation Head Office
#204, 10470 – 176 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 1L3 Phone: 780-426-3414, Toll free: 1-888-757-7172